Age Counter

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy Month 7!

Maddie is 7 months old today! I would have taken a picture of her in her green chair, but I was busy and she was not in the mood for picture taking. There is always tomorrow, right? This has been a busy month. Aggie football is underway and we have been to ever home game so far (3). Also, I turned 30! Maddie and I are now getting the hang of solid foods. She usually will eat some oatmeal and a fruit in the morning. Her favorite fruits are pears, applesauce and prunes! She likes bananas OK, but does not like peaches. She gets upset when I try to sneak them in. We'll keep trying. For lunch she has a veggie and a fruit and then then another veggie and fruit for dinner. She likes all of her veggies, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, carrots and green beans (sort of). She likes the peas and green beans when they are mixed with carrots.
I have started to experiment with making my own baby food. Tonight I baked a butternut squash, that was a first for me. It was A LOT easier than I thought. Tomorrow I am going to bake some sweet potatoes. I also made (well smashed up) some avocado, she was not sure what to think, but she liked it. I also made carrots and bananas.
She is a good eater, but sometimes she gets a little attitude or is too distracted to eat. She LOVES Sully, every time he walks by her she giggles or tries to grab at him. She has been rolling all over the place and she will roll over to Sully. She works and works to get over to him and he gets up just as she starts to pet him.

1 comment:

Trent and Dana said...

LOVE all of the updates!! One of these days I will get back to my blog!