Age Counter

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pictures Of Madelyn

Madelyn Lily arrived on March 5, 2009 at 3:48 pm, weighed 7lbs 3 oz and 20 inches

We were admitted at 8 pm on Wednesday, March 4th. When we arrived at Labor and Delivery we were told to wait on a bench in the hallway for our room to be cleaned. I am glad that I was not actually in labor. It was a little strange sitting in the hall with all of our stuff waiting to get into the room. We got our room and the nurse started hooking me up to all of the machines, started an IV, etc. From this point we just waited. Needless to say I did not get much sleep that night between the IV machine making noise on one side and being plugged into the monitors on the other. Every time I turned over trying to get comfortable the monitors would lose the baby's heartbeat and the nurse would come in to re-arrange the belts around me that held the monitors. Then, the blood pressure cuff would take a reading every hour.
The morning rolled around and the doctor came in and broke my water it was at this point that things started getting exciting and more real. I started having stronger contractions and requested the epidural. The epidural was in place (and working) about 45 minutes later. Not being able to feel your legs when someone is moving them for you is the weirdest feeling in the world!!
At lunch time my doctor came in and said that I was dilated to a 9 and that we would begin pushing soon. Talk about things becoming even more real. Long story short we pushed for about an hour and then we welcomed Maddie into the world!

Adam, Madelyn and I minutes after her birth
We were discharged on Saturday, March 7th. Madelyn is in her coming home outfit and in the carseat ready to go. She was wearing a onesie that said 'Future Aggie Class of 2031.' She loves to have her hands up by her head. Sometime she will have one arm in the air and one arm down.



Once we got home and settled we took pictures of her in her chair. This is a pose she likes to do a lot. Also, when we swaddle her she will wiggle her way out until she can get her hands free.

This is a picture from yesterday, she is really alert when she is not sleeping!

9 comments:

Alissa M said...

Gretchen congratulations! She is so precious!! I hope you are doing well!! I found your site on Tabathia's site. I haven't seen you since back in Tallowood days! Just wanted to say congratulations!!
Alissa McPherson
mcphersonalissa@gmail.com

Jana said...

Wow, look at beautiful Maddie. I am glad everything is going good. We miss you all! See you soon!

Tabaitha said...

Gretchen, she is beautiful! And yes, I agree that having someone move your legs while you can't feel them is pretty weird. Glad to hear that everything is going well.

Erin said...

beautiful!!!

Kalli said...

She's precious, thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm glad everything went well for you all. I am excited to see more pictures. Hopefully we can get together sometime and the girls can meet! Maybe in football season :-)!

Trent and Dana said...

Glad that I got to talk to you today!!! Congrats Momma Gert!!! I am so happy for you and Adam. I can not wait to meet little Madelyn. She is absolutely precious. I can't wait to see more and more pictures of her! You definitely have more to blog about now!
Tell Grandma and Grandpa hello for me :). HEHE :)

Monica said...

Gretchen ... congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Adam. She is gorgeous!

Love,
Monica

Allison said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and so are you!

The Simmons Family said...

She is so cute and I can't wait to meet her! Congrats to the both of you!